Thursday, April 24, 2008

Bermuda, Bahama, c'mon pretty mama. . .



Around the time I went to college I realized that I did not like shorts. They seemed to be getting shorter each year and lower in rise. I also had the added problem of the legs of the shorts riding up in the middle, which resulted in unpleasantness that you can call "rubbage." I soon gave up on them, and even when I moved to Arizona for graduate school I decided, 100 degrees plus be damned! I am going to continue on wearing pants and jeans (I also cultivated a newfound love of the skirt at that time). However, lo'! What is this hitting the fashion scene? Why, Bermuda shorts (aka walking shorts)? Shorts long enough to prevent rubbage, but short enough for the vertically challenged who often find that capri pants fit around the ankle or over the thickest part of one's calf muscle? Cleaner lines than say, your clam digger? Sign me up!

I love Bermuda shorts for warm weather, especially with flip flops or espadrilles. They come in all colors and patterns and at pretty decent prices. The photo above are examples of shorts ($12.99-$39.90) found at Target, Old Navy, Guess, and at Kohl's. New York and Company also has what seems like a bumper crop of Bermuda shorts for sale, and right with certain styles, buy one and get one at 50% off.

If you're looking for something perhaps in higher quality (or just designer--I can't vouch for quality off the bat), it looks like YOOX.com has a number of styles on sale (in limited sizes for some), but you can get your hands on shorts by the likes of See by Chloe, R.E.D. by Valentino, and Citizens of Humanity (all featured here). The sale prices all fall under $50.00.

Labels: , ,

Comments on "Bermuda, Bahama, c'mon pretty mama. . ."

 

post a comment